Monday, March 10, 2008

pooped again!

It feels like Sunday. I took the day off to play with Erin while she was still in town, so my sense of calendar is off. It has been a full weekend, and I am still tired. I promise, I am headed to bed as soon as I post this. Yesterday I walked around City Park, walked a lot downtown to meet the girls for brunch, walked home from downtown, and even biked to a friend's for dinner. Whoosh! It was a pretty low-key day, but I felt it in my feet and heavy eyes. I went to bed excited that I was meeting a car today with the hope of buying it. Today, I bussed downtown and walked up to Budget to rent a car. Erin and I drove up to A-Basin to Oren for a day of skiing. We had a terrific day - lots of runs, a bit of sun, and tons of fun. I will mention that there was one snafu -when Oren saw fit to relieve me of a ski as we loaded onto the chairlift. I tried furiously to snap my boot back in to the binding, but he kicked it out from under me. Nice, huh? He admitted that he wanted to give someone else the opportunity to do something nice, and actually a couple people had the opportunity: the man who carried my ski up and the lady who slowed down the chair for my one ski manuever off the chair. Good work, Oren! The skiing was great, and even better, we got to hang out back at the house with everyone a bit longer over Chinese take-out and miso soup. Sadly, the car was sold before I had a chance to look at it, but there will be others to see. I don't mind walking and bussing as much as I can, but there are those times it would make life a wee bit easier, like for work. I got to talk with friends, make plans for the week: dinner with Jake on Tuesday and Nikki on Thursday, family dinner on Wednesday...Friday, anyone? I also talked with family, and if you're the praying type, please keep mine in your prayers. There are those in my big "family" - relatives of blood and heart - that could use some divine work in their lives. Peace out...G'night!

No comments: