Friday, March 28, 2008

una nueva bicicleta

I bought a new bike today! It is geared for riding around town and getting to work. I want to add a rack and my lights and things, but maybe tomorrow. It is a nice bike, and I liked the shop I bought it from, Denver Bicycles. They know their stuff. I still haven't purchased a car, but this is more affordable than a car. The latest on my case with the state over my bicycle accident from a long, long time ago is that it won't settle soon. Though I had hoped to recoup some of my out-of-pocket expenses sooner than later, which would help with purchasing a car, things are on hold. The doctors really seem to think surgery is the way to go to fix my hip. It hurts still, and nobody suspects it will get any better on its own, thus the knife. I am going to see a new doctor to evaluate it under my new insurance, and we'll see where that goes. I would love to avoid the operating room, but I can't say how this saga will end. So for now, I can afford a bike, while still saving my paychecks. Hooray!! I will bike all over. I haven't determined my route to work, but I have a few options. Of course I took my helmet with me, so I could ride home. Still a safe biker!! The twinges of fear are there, but I am sure they will help me to stay safe. Watch out for me....I'm hitting the road!

No comments: