Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nikki's birthday

Woo hoo!! I rode my new bicycle to work today...somehow I think it was my birthday gift to Nikki, though it is definitely a stretch to say so. It was not the smoothest ride I ever took, though the equipment and decent pavement fared much better than my rides on the farm in Argentina! One section of street looked like a giant cheese grater had been dragged across it. Another section had the vine-y crack that kept going and growing. Regardless, I made it safe and sound, locked up my bike, and sat down at my desk to cool down. It wasn't long until I was actually chilled at my desk and realized how cold it was outside. And despite having thought I found the first clear day for casted for the week, there was a chance of rain in the forecast and in the clouds I could see very clearly from my desk. Ah well... After trying a different ride home, I realized that I am not on 16th Ave anymore. I go through a lot of busy areas to get to work, and the predictability of traffic is quite different. Something to work on, but not something to stop me. Nikki came over for family dinner. I made pudding with raspberries (a canned gift from Erin and the Northwest) for Nikki's dessert. We had some chocolate sipping cups that I filled, which were tasty, and some cupcake papers that I filled, which were messy. After dinner and dessert, Nikki and I danced and sang and enjoyed a night of Bob Schneider at the Bluebird Theatre. We saw my co-worker Laura who lives nearby. It was lots of fun, and we were both pretty hot and tired as we walked down Colfax after the show. Hooray for wing-chics!

No comments: