Saturday, April 26, 2008

Secrets!!

I have a secret that I am so excited about and dying to tell everybody, but I can't share it. A few people know, but I'm especially nervous for one person to find out, so "mum's the word" a bit longer. Today it snowed, and now it's blue sky...typical. The heat got turned "off" in the house, so it was exceptionally cold inside and out. It's no secret that I like the sunshine. This week was a lot of fun at work, though also a bit stressfully chaotic, because compost was dropped at four gardens. With the help of volunteers, three of the four have compost in the beds - heavy work shoveling and hauling, but I enjoyed getting to work outside. Sadly the two times rain threatened, it didn't come. It's also no secret that Denver needs all the moisture we can get. The best day was working at the school garden during recess. The first graders were the first to have their interests peaked, and soon we had a dozen kids wanting a rake or shovel, though I only had three of each. One kid was so teeny I couldn't help but giggle when his little voice uttered how heavy the shovel was. One boy wouldn't go back to the playground because he wanted to make a safe place for plants to grow. He also shared with all of us how you plant a flower seed, wait 10 - 15 days for it to grow....cute! So I am going to go stretch my legs while the sky still has blue patches.

1 comment:

Lee said...

So how soon can you share this secret? ;)