Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And this little piggy stayed home....

I made a break for the mailbox today at 2 pm.  I had been in the house for 47.5 hours straight, unless you count stepping into the wood porch to gather more firewood "outside".  It is a chilly uninsulated space, but it is sealed off from the elements.  I have been working away on the computer for work during the day, but somehow the house keeps getting smaller and smaller.  The temperatures have been excessively frigid, and my quick foray to the mailbox left me with ten popsicles where my fingers should have been.
 
So school has been canceled the last two days, but tomorrow I expect not.  These are days that will have to be made up, and I am sure the novelty of a day home wouldn't last one more day.  I hope to catch a ride into town with Marie in the morning, sparing me at least one more day from what I hear are really icy roads. 
 
So tonight we revisit the board games...  Monday night Thomas and I each picked a Flight of the Conchords episode and one game to play.  Thus we entertained ourselves.  Last night we had the good fortune of a visit from Pop with a really cheesy vampire movie.  Tonight, back to the games...we'll see how long it lasts!

No comments: