Monday, February 14, 2011

Wishing you a day of love....

Valentine's Day has come again, and the notes I thought I would have written and mailed are still just in my head.
 
I did get to share some love with Thomas yesterday.  I like to cook, but Thomas laments that I usually ask his opinion too much while I am cooking.  "Do you think ____ would go good with ____?"  "Should I add some more ____ to this?"  "Would you rather have ______ or _____?"  This line of questioning annoys the man, so I made dinner last night without asking any questions of him....well, except his help at the end to peel the main course.
 
A little bit ago, Thomas and I happened upon a really good deal on frozen lobster tails.  Thomas likes to respond "lobster" when I ask him what he wants for dinner.  So we got some, and last night I finally served up some lobster for him.  I made focaccia bread - heart shaped for my love, which was the longest of the labor of love because of letting it rise and all that.  I made large shells with a creamy white wine reduction.  I did roast a red bell pepper over the fire so that I could puree it and make the sauce pinkish red, though it cam out more orange-y.  And atop the shells and sauce was the lobster tail.  I opened a bottle of New Mexican wine we received as a wedding present, and we toasted almost 8 months of wedded bliss...truly....blissful!  It was fun to have something fancy-ish in the middle of Miami, though I wished I had fresh greens for a salad.  What to do to top that for dinner tonight, I just don't know!
 
Disclaimer: While I didn't ask Thomas for help, I did ask my parents for the how-to on the lobster. 
Double Disclaimer: I know this sounds like I am tooting my own horn, but I was pretty pleased with myself for what I would consider an adventurous meal.
 
 


TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that sounds awesome!

I read it outloud to Ahna, and she said "Sorry honey"