Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Li'l Sofia

It's true that I have grown up around children. Having babysat most of the neighborhood growing up, I got to care for a lot of babies, change a lot of diapers, and watch them grow up. It floors me that most of the caring and changing happened before I was 18. I nannied summers during college, but I really haven't had the pleasure of spending a lot of time around little kids, particularly babies, for a good 16 years. It has been fun living in Miami for the past year+ near my nieces and nephew, who are certainly no babies, but fun to watch grow up! (Literally watching them grow up and up and up - I'm afraid it might not be so long before the girls pass me up, too!) Sometimes it is tough not living closer to my siblings and their little boys. Cole has already grown up so much. At close to 22 months, I have missed watching him grow from a little baby to a little man. And now Oliver, at 8 weeks old already, is probably going to do the same. I am looking forward to holding him for the first time next week! Those baby years are just so precious. I know it wasn't for my sake, but I sure am glad Marie & Dave have a new baby, as I am loving getting to see a baby around. I met with Marie last week about work stuff, and how it warmed my heart to get to hold Sofia as we talked. She is such a little squirt and so quiet when I am around. I think her big brother and beautiful sisters just adore her, too.
Sofia Cecilia Salas
I can't wait till she figures out how to use her little monkey toes. I laughed, as it is very much like my dad for me to zoom in on the toes. I enjoyed tickling and rubbing those feet and watching her react. Precious toes! I think Sofia had an opinion to share, too. Actually, I think she was trying to tell me to knock it off and quit taking her picture. Despite the impression of the picture, she wasn't making any noise. I think this is the "oh great, that's my tia" face.
Thanks, God, for babies! I am so glad to get to see another one grow up - up close...

No comments: