Friday, September 16, 2011

Most beautiful!!

Not me, nor the hunk standing next to me..... It's SOFIA CECILIA SALAS!!! She's our new niece, born to David and Marie on September 14th! I had the privilege of driving to Raton after work on Wednesday, so we could meet her right away. Thomas and I joined the family for dinner out at K-Bob's, which was entertaining as ever. I took the girls in my car - Julie, Maya and Sara. Daniel took Thomas, David, and Andres. As were getting out of the car at the restaurant, Sara says, "Tor-tia (sounds like tortilla - it's Aunt Tori backwards), I have Sophia's first nickname: Sophia Tortilla!" Awesome! Dinner was entertaining, or more like ordering. I love that Julie had to tell the girls that if all they wanted was bacon bits from the Salad Wagon, then they should order the chicken strips or quesadilla and she'd make sure to load up on bacon bits for them. No, they both insisted on the Salad Wagon for dinner. And both were pinching up bacon bits to nibble at their dinner. Too funny! This week has also been beautiful for all the rain. I saw rainbows nearly every days. This is the rainbow I drove towards through the rain on Thursday. It was a full rainbow, and you could see it all the way to the ground. This is the same rainbow Thursday morning, but there was a nice double rainbow coming home from work on Thursday. It looked like I might actually drive under it, but it faded away as I passed the misty rain into the sunshine. This picture, ordinarily, would all be filled with earth. The hills were back lit from an arc of sunshine coming down west of where I was under the clouds. But the clouds were so low that it appeared as though an angel had just lifted up the edge of a white woolly blanket to peak under and see if people were moving yet. It was sure beautiful. As I was driving by, I tried to capture the way the hill was illuminated. And today another full rainbow! It has been good to get the moisture, as we are sorely in need of it. It has been prematurely cool, and I have managed to get away with not moving the houseplants off the wood-burning stove by baking. Today I just left the blinds open, and the sun toasted the house up real nice for us! It's supposed to warm again this weekend. Let's hope so - Sophia came home today, and we want her to see what a wonderfully beautiful place she lives in!

No comments: