Saturday, September 17, 2011

An unexpected day...

This morning I had the honor of singing with two wonderful musicians. It reminded me of concert choir in high school because the woman on the "piano", we just have a keyboard at church, sang harmony. The songs we sang, many unfamiliar to me, before the funeral began were so beautiful - both in tone and lyrics. One was called "I Was There to Hear Your Borning Cry". The lyrics brought tears to my eyes. The service was for a 91 year old woman, one I never met. Tonight, after a day of work and play, I took some brownies over to Marie and Dave's. I traded a plate of brownies for a little bundle of love. Sofia had just eaten and was content stretching and sleeping and wiggling around. What a precious little girl! I think I could have held her for a couple more hours, but it was getting late. I started my day celebrating the long life of a woman well-loved and who loved many. I ended my day celebrating the new life of a little girl well-loved, who I can only hope will love many, too!

No comments: