Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fabulous Saturday

Though chilly, today has been sunny, sunny, sunny! Once again I missed my chance to drink beer and Jameson at 7 am in anticipation of the St. Patrick's Day parade. I had to get up extra early four out of five days this week, so I opted to rest my tired eyes. I hopped a bus, once up, to meet Anna Belle for brunch. We have been to so many different brunches that it doesn't surprise me anymore that we order the same thing off the menu. Today, at Gaia Cafe on South Pearl, we both ordered a chai with our eggs in a basket (in brioche-bread...so tasty! plus a little bowl of fruit) with a side of potatoes (kind of a scalloped potato dish than fried). It was tasty goodness and filled me up. We talked and talked...always good to catch up. After breakfast we strolled down the street and popped into a little jewelry shop - local artists. She found some amethysts that looked great on her, and I found a late gift for Mary. As we checked out, I snuck a ring she had her eye on into my purchase, to which she scolded me for wasting my hard-earned money on something she didn't need. But really, I told her, that wasn't why we were looking at all the pretty stones. Unbeknowst to me, she had already picked out something for me. So then shegifted me with a pair of amber earrings that match an amber ring my sister gave me a couple years ago. We walked back onto the street with our new little treasures and enjoyed some more sunshine. I love gifitng people with little pleasures, and yet it can sometimes be difficult to receive. What a fun little exchange we ended up with! My afternoon was pretty laidback until walking to church, meeting my friend Jenny there and catching up afterwards. As always, I left with some kernels of contemporary wisdom to ponder. The evening cooled down quickly, and would you believe it rained and snowed before the day was done!

No comments: