Sunday, March 16, 2008

On the seventh day...

...she rested? Well, rested a couple worries from my pockets of things to think about... In the last seven days, my car-hopes were dashed. Trying to negotiate my budget and what I want and what is on the market was giving me a headache. I am putting it to rest for a couple weeks. Maybe in that space something will grab me, but I am looking at a bicycle instead. It is in my budget and in line with my values of not being a driver (though I know I will be a driver again soon). Today I stopped at a shop on my way to the grocery store and checked out their bikes, and grocery shopping via the #15 bus was ridiculously easy. This other worry is such an old worry that I hate even bringing it up, as so many people, including myself, would love to see it just go away. My tender little hip, injured a few years ago in my bike accident, still hurts. I was ready to surrender to the pain, but made one more trip to the orthopedist before my medical coverage shifts with my new job. The recommendation to operate was not what I wanted to hear, and my hopes for an easy, pain-free way out were dahsed. Rather than close my case expediently, it will just drag out a bit longer. The peace I felt from saying I didn't want to risk surgery three years ago doesn't come when I think about turning down surgery again. Bummer! So I put these worries aside, enjoyed baking bread this morning, got some exercise grocery shopping, and might go see a movie in a while...

No comments: