Thursday, March 26, 2009

the 25th...

Evidently sleeping through Sunday and missing work Monday (also sleeping through most of it), I ended up losing a day.  In a conversation with Mom tonight, I learned that today is the 26th.  It is not the 25th, which was yesterday, which is also Amy's birthday.  I knew the 25th was Wednesday, and I knew today is Thursday.  But somehow everything else didn't add up.  I am not sure exactly which day I lose, maybe the 26th, since tomorrow I will wake up on the 27th. 
 
Anyway, the weather outside is frightful!  Finally!  I am really excited about the snowstorm because I have been waiting and waiting for moisture.  I have crossed my fingers over and over as I told wannabe community gardeners, "no" DUG would not be turning the water on early just because we had what seemed like two weeks of weather in the 70s.  Oh wait - I mean a whole month!  But for having come in like a little lamb, March is going out like a lion.  ROAR!!!  It is, of course, sad to hear my friends' flight was cancelled and to know there have been a lot of accidents and to think of the people who have been living outside or in cars with the nice weather and got caught unprepared. 
 
So for the two hours I was at work, over two inches of snow accumulated on my car.  The snow came down so big and wet this morning that the streets outside were just wet.  But then crossing Downing to the office, the ground was slushy and white.  About noon the temperature dropped low enough that the roads in the neighborhood finally turned slick.  The snow has let up only temporarily, but the snow furiously flurrying outside now looks much smaller and drier.  The wind just keeps blowing it in.
 
So I am off to bundle up and dream of flowers and plants and trees sucking up the moisture for a beautiful spring!  buenos suenos...

No comments: