Thursday, September 23, 2010

Falling in love...

Everybody knows I already fell in love with Thomas...old news.  But there is much worth falling in love over.  I love Arrupe's prayer "Falling in Love":

Nothing is more practical than finding God,
that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute way. 
What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination,
will affect everything. 
It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning,
what you will do with your evenings,
how you will spend your weekends,
what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart
and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. 
Fall in love, stay in love and it will decide everything.

This place I live in is beautiful, and I fall in love with it over and over.  The colors of the sunrises and the sunsets are stunning.  I can't help but grin sleepily out my window at the way the light plays on the clouds and the trees and the lake.  A heron has been at the lake when I come home from work, and I like to see its thin outline against the water.  Living so far removed has decided a lot for me, and I don't regret it.

Tonight on my way home from work, my breath was sucked away as I climbed up around the curves of the lake and there, hovering on the horizon, was the most beautiful glowing moon.  My voice caught in my throat and all I could manage was a deep exhale of "Oooooh."  As the road wandered from side to side, the full moon stuck in the trees and shrubs from one side to the other until I came to a bend that suggested the moon was just hovering over my house.  I wished I could capture the image: the sky fading from dusky blue to purple behind the ripe disc of light.  I was enamored and didn't want to take my eyes away. Ohhh...I fell in love all over again... 

No comments: