Friday, July 29, 2011

Heavy pockets....

It is a good thing I was moving slowly this morning.  I missed the morning commuter traffic.  It's not that I was worried about getting stuck in it, but I am glad they weren't driving by this morning as I broke into our house.  Yes, it finally happened.  I locked myself out.  My pockets were heavy with work keys and a phone and some other stuff.  As I went around closing windows and getting my lunch together, I loaded up my arms and just barely balance my lunch and bag and water bottle out the door and into the car.  Of course, pulling the door shut was not easy with my hands full, but I managed to secure it and myself locked out. 
 
I did find an escape hatch, out of the yard and into the safety of the house where my keys were.  Gratefully, I didn't have to make myself any more late by biking back and forth to see Alice for a key (Pop was out on his bike and helpfully told me where to find the key). 
 
Lesson learned?  For making it a year without having done it yet, hopefully I can go at least another!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to count how many times I have had to go to mom and dads for a key. I appreciate the days that the kids are around so I can send them.
Marie