Monday, August 1, 2011

Fourth of July pics

Yes it is true. These are a month in coming, but here they are! I was delighted to harvest my garlic scapes before the fourth, so I could bring garlic scape pesto to our BBQ. Aren't they so pretty - even prettier when they flower, but I want the garlic more than the flower.
Thomas took me dancing at the Maverick Club Dance on the third. It was a lot of fun, a little stepping on toes, and great music by a friend from his days as a horseman at Philmont. Our boots were pretty dusty when we got home, and our legs were plenty tired! The Fourth of July feast was at Ma & Pop's place. Gratefully, after gorging ourselves this holiday, soccer was not the planned after dinner activity. Bocce ball is a little easier for digestion. Andres seemed to be the master until we made him rotate through the order, giving up the advantage of the last thrower. So there you have it...the fourth of July in photos...

No comments: