Sunday, October 30, 2011

Par-tay!

Friday night we celebrated Marie's birthday with pizza and fabulously perfect homemade cheesecake. It was a lovely celebration.
I was most entertained by the biggest kid who kept asking for more and more stories about his tios and the trouble they got into as boys and men. Somehow during these storytimes, with Tom in the same room as his big brother, he just melts into a little boy. I can see him look up at Daniel as an 8 year old who adores his big brother. Very sweet!
More cause for celebration - Daniel just got his license to preside over Christian celebrations - namely non-denominational weddings, baptisms, and burials. There was much teasing, but I am happy for him. Tom likes to say that I say that Daniel is my favorite pray-er. I don't know that a person can have one favorite pray-er, but Daniel is definitely top of the list. He is very thoughtful and genuine - both authentic and articulate. (PS - if you'd like to request the services of Rev. Dan, let me know, and I can put you in contact.) (PPS - be sure to include a cheesecake made by Julie in your negotiations.)

No comments: