Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Post baptism

Oliver has a voice, and mostly he just talked to me a lot, but sometimes he's a little fussy. Of course, those are not pictures I would have taken. After Lou & Lisa headed back to Leavenworth, I was first in line to hold Oliver. There is no way to hold onto the kid long enough not to notice a couple of months of his absence, but I was going to try to get my fill. He really is such a happy baby, talking and smiling and checking things out:
Hanging out on Grandma's lap before she had to leave Sitting with his mom...the chrism oil in his hair smelled so good, we didn't want to wash it out! He has such expressive eyes...
Telling me stories - what an animated talker Oliver is!
I don't remember who had the camera, but Ollie hung out in my lap for quite a while Monday afternoon. Everyone else wanted a nap, but this little guy was all I needed.
I enjoyed a movie with Miki in the afternoon...first time in a theater since Christmas! We went and saw The Help and enjoyed the time driving and talking about life. We met up with the others for sushi that night and then said our farewells. It was fun getting to stay with Miki and Marty and be there for bath time and morning chill time. I especially loved that extra down time around Ollie and his parents. I did notice that I spent such little time with my own, as we weren't on Henderson Street with them during the pre and post day chill time. I guess you can't have it all! And now I am counting down the days till we can get back again for Christmas!

No comments: