Thursday, November 8, 2007

HOORAY FOR RAIN!!

What a day! I planted tomatoes in the morning and in the afternoon. I am getting a bit peeved about re-planting over and over and over and over. I don’t know if we started too early and should have the let the seedlings mature or what. It is very discouraging to plant the same rows over and over. I talked to Azucena about it, so she and Patch picked up lots of dried ajo to mulch around them. There was another crew working on it. I worked with Tatiana today because Sean was feeling sick. I was feeling dizzy a lot. The sun and the up and down of planting are really getting me. During yoga I sat in a chair for stability. Lunch was not so appetizing, and I took a good nap afterwards. The afternoon brought a bit of a change because we had weather. The wind picked up, and the clouds came in. Before long there were big fat drops falling on us. I was loving the rain. When you looked up, you could see these big huge sparkles coming straight for you. It felt like the game where you try to catch the popcorn in your mouth. The drops were so big until they turned to hail. It stopped, but we didn’t. A bit later the rain picked up again and started coming down hard. We got all our tomatoes planted and made a mad dash for the house. The rain was really pouring, but it didn’t last long, and it wasn’t too cold. At the house Azucena was in a good mood. Paloma stayed at El Peregrino with her brother and grandparents. It meant a childless night for her and Jorge and for us, too. She and Catie went into town to get movies and pizza. What a thrill! Doubly exciting is that I remembered I had another CD. We listen to music on the tv/dvd, so I brought out the five CDs I bought in Cuzco. Jorge put on Willie Nelson at lunch today – kind of funny. Anyway, I had been wanting to listen to Storyhill, and I remembered Erik snuck in a CD, “You Never Know When You Need Music,” with Storyhill and Brenda Carlisle. So I pulled it out for our pre-party, though it is a bit mellow. We also pooled our decks of cards to play Rummikub. Much fun – but now it is time to eat! tori

No comments: