Friday, November 9, 2007

YUCK!!!

What an awful Friday! The pizza wasn’t that great, though we all chowed down. And then the first movie would not work: “disco malo.” The second was not quite up and running when the power went out. We were all complaining about not having couches and comfy chairs, but in the end we just went to bed. None of us slept well! I dreamt about a lot and in the end witnessed a shooting and had to call the police and all this stuff. Terrible! I woke up feeling awful – like vomiting. I did not have the stomach to get up, literally. I stayed in bed and told someone I felt unwell. Tossing and turning, I stayed in bed all day. Azucena showed up, and I learned that nobody slept well. She came and checked on me, but I didn’t have a temperature. Quite the opposite, I was freezing. Patch was also still in bed, though he’d gotten up to eat. He had a fever but not a stomachache. Sean still felt unwell. All day I stayed in bed…very dull. My whole body hurt and throbbed. I puked twice. Azucena made some tea from bitter, bitter herbs, and it helped me to feel warmer. I would have enjoyed a couch today, but again…Patch and I commiserated about movies and 7-Up. We started Madagascar, but it was a pirated copy in Spanish. We didn’t have the energy to listen in Spanish, so we abandoned that plan and dreamed of saltines and 7-Up. I guess it is supposed to rain all night. It was cloudy all morning, but sunny in the afternoon. Azucena thinks we were sick because we were so hot during the day and worked in the rain and got cold. Tatiana thinks I have sun poisoning. I can hardly take this every two weeks. The other Americans were a bit sympathetic, and only the two Europeans worked a whole day. Megan and Vida walked to town for dinner and a beer, so I gave them some money for a bottle of 7-Up. Catie walked in during the afternoon and changed the movies, so I think we will try to watch an Argentinean film. Though I cannot understand it, at least it will be a diversion. My bed is not the most comfortable, so I can use a break from it. Azucena says nothing to eat today, but tomorrow we all hope to feel better. Sweet dreams! victoria

No comments: