Sunday, December 9, 2007

Delinquent writer reports in...

It has been too long since I posted last, but for my brother´s birthday, I will write.  I don´t think it is what he wants for his birthday, but he´ll have to wait.  I have posts when I have wifi, but the quick version is that I survived 24 hours on the bus.  I watched four movies on Thursday!  A record, maybe.  I didn´t miss my flight, and the hour between the announcement of Erik´s landing in Lima and the first sight of him after customs was demasiado mucho largo!!!  I kept hopping up to see over the mass of people waiting for other arrivals.  One couple must have had twenty people come out to greet them.  Talk about an entourage - I´ve never been so lucky.  (Actually, I think it is a little much.)
 
Erik and I had a great reunion yesterday and tried to take it easy.  We made it to the office to confirm our reservation for the trek.  We also enjoyed wandering through the market at San Pedro and purchased garlic, onion, eggs, potatoes, and bread.  Such a lucky girl, I got to have Erik´s breakfast for dinner last night!  I was so content.
 
Today we traveled by bus and taxi to Chinchero to go to the market.  It was fun.  We made it back to town in time to meet Willaru for a chat about life - politics, spirituality, and the like.  What an amazing man!  There may be a possibility to see him in Denver this Spring.  That would be awesome!  Erik and I also headed to Sacsayhuaman for some sightseeing and chill time before getting down to business of getting ready for the trail.  Our backpacks are packed, and mine doesn´t feel to heavy.  Tomorrow the company picks us up at 5:20 am.  So it is off to sleep for me!  Say an extra prayer or two for us, and we´ll be back in Cuzco next Friday afternoon!  loveyoumeanit...tori


Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No comments: