Sunday, December 2, 2007

What a day!!

I couldn´t help but get up this morning because there was a little girl screaming in the common area directly below my bed.  Not very nice.  I got up and had breakfast.  It is so tasty, even if it was a complete repeat.  Tim and I chatted a bit, and Angela, too.  Hans offered to share a cab in half an hour, so I busted a move.  Angela, Tim, and I were heading in for jazz, but Hans was catching a bus to Bariloche.  We all had a gerat chat in front of the tourist booth killing time before Hans´ bus.  So funny, these guys!  I wanted to stretch my legs a bit, and Angela joined me for a hike up to Cerro Amigo.  It was supposed to be half an hour up, though we took a little longer.  I think it was because we stopped for lots of pictures.  Then we summited and took more pictures.  A couple guys from the hostel were up there, and they shared their mate with us, quite nice.  Our walk down should have been shorter, but we chose a different path down and got lost.  We ended up heading in the wrong direction and missed the road back in to town.  As we tried to cut back, we crossed into someone´s property and had to break trail in some wild rose-y areas.  There was a little river to cross on a 2x6.  Gratefully, we both crossed without falling in.  It at least brought us in to town, instead of back to the road to hike down. 
 
The jazz today was fabulous.  The first group was really lovely, and the second was afroperuano beats, which I couldn´t sit still to listen.  Ice cream was particularly tasty today - calafate (a local berry) and crema de canela.  I will go back for that tomorrow.  We made sandwiches with avocado, cheese, and tomatoes - so delicious!  The flavors are so rich.  The third and fourth bands were okay, though I was less interested.  I did have to laugh when the fourth, a brass band, played "friend in Jesus".  It was during this band that I ran in to Peggy and Tatiana from the farm.  We chatted and agreed to get beers after the show.  Two Canadians from Montreal made it back from a trek and joined us for jazz and beers, too.  They are really quite funny, and better yet they shared beers during jazz.  Tomorrow I will hike with Tatiana and Peggy.  It should be a treat.  Now I am just so tired, I need to shower and go to bed.  It is a Monday tomorrow, and while I do not have work, I kind of need to get up and get going!  love you....tori


Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.

No comments: