Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tired girl...

I made a new friend last night. Angela is from Tasmania. She is a vegetarian, too, and traveling without her boyfriend. We hung out today. Breakfast was really nice. I had cereal with milk, a first in two months. I also had a roll with dulce de leche and raspberry jam. Delicious! Just what I needed before going into town for the big market. It is similar to Saturday market, but smaller. I enjoyed looking at all the neat-o crafts, and better yet, enjoyed drinking some of the artesanal beers. The porter was my favorite and what I ordered. The cerveceria has too many choiceƑ double dark, porter, honey, strawberry, cassis, cherry, raspberry, aji (red chile), for celiacs, with trigo, chocolate, and so many more. Really going to spend a lot of time there, and it is good it is so close to the hostal. Not much else is. I also bought a bag of strawberries, which were so flavorful. Angela and I walked down to a bar patio for the first of the free music for the jazz festival. Afterwards we walked back and sat in the park with the last of the berries and a bag of peanuts for some good conversation before the second band started. The wind picked up, so we decided to call it a day. Of course we got ice cream first - super samboyan and cardamomo. I think better than my choices yesterday. Tonight is an asado at the house, but Angela and I are making a tortilla con espinache, cebollas, ajo, y queso. It should be tasty. Tomorrow there is more music, and I think more beer. I can´t decide what to do.I would like to see more than El Bolson, but I also love El Bolson. I could spend the rest of the week here easily, but I can´t shake the curiousity of seeing other mountains. They are so amazing!! I want to eat them whole. My pictures of this week will be quite boring if all I do is take pictures of every mountain I see. And another one. And another. I also love all the lupines in bloom. And the wild rose blossom I picked to day from a rosehip bush smelled like apples. Wow!!! I just feel so at ease here. Anyway...I think I better go give Angela a hand with dinner. And I need to refill my glass of wine. love to all, tori

No comments: