Tuesday, December 4, 2007

An even better Tuesday?

Angela left this morning, which was sad.  But I also did laundry for the first time since October!  (I washed underwear by hand on the farm, but my other clothes were starting to smell.)  Laundry is exciting, but it left me with a skirt and short sleeve shirt today.  Un poco frio!!  I planned to meet Peggy and Tatiana, but I didn´t know if it was only to say goodbye or to do something.  In the end I went off with Barry, a new friend from Ireland.  He is also traveling alone, and as he only had one day in El Bolson, which I learned is names because the mountains in every direction make the town like a bag - un bolsa, we went off together to walk to the cabeza del indio y mirador del rio azul.  This was quite fun.  I already had my ice cream in the morning - Andean chocolate with peanut butter.  We hitched a ride down to catch a bus to the lake, lago puelo.  The views were amazing.  We also hitched a ride into the park.  The mirador was amazing, and luckily we happened upon a shortcut, better luck than hiking with Angela at cerro amigo.  We had lunch together and enjoyed much conversation.  Barry arrived from  the south today and affirmed for me that I made the right decision to stay here instead of traveling to Puerta Madryn to see penguins and whales.  I am lucky to be in such a beautiful place.  We caught the next bus, and on our way back to the hostel, I cought my ticket for Cordoba.  I leave on Thursday - 24 hours on a bus!!!  We´ll see if I can hack it.  There won´t really be much choice in the matter, but we´ll see all the same.  I splurged the extra ten bucks for a bigger seat, una cama.
 
Barry leaves tomorrow for Bariloche, so tonight we went to the Cerveceria El Bolson and tried many flavors of beer- con trigo, chocolate, aji, frambuesa, cassis, miel, y una negra doble y una negra ahumada.  Everything was delicious.  It was a lot of fun, but now I need to shower and go to bed.  Tomorrow will be a laid back day.  Maybe I will go back to the lake by myself and chill out.  Suerte!  tori


Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.

No comments: