Saturday, August 21, 2010

Even closer...

Goodness, I am pooped!  Before and after and after that pictures will be coming soon, but we're not quite there yet.  Today I got up early to water at the neighbors.  We haven't had any rain in over a week, and folks are starting to think about dancing.  I just went out to turn on my soaker hose, and despite the clouds that loomed on and off this afternoon and evening, it is still dry as a bone.

Speaking of dry...it was so hot and dry today that inside the mudroom, I couldn't paint fast enough.  I tackled the cupboards over the washer and dryer, an unanticipated project, but one that seemed to make sense.  I also painted the quarter-round molding and did a little touch up here and there (Thomas got really great texture on the wall, and here and there the paint slipped around grooves).  I think I might call the paint color Jamoca (don't tell B&R) because it does remind me of that once favored ice cream flavor.  I mixed it myself for the kitchen shelf Thomas built me.  We decided we liked it enough to put it in the mudroom, so Home Depot matched it.  As an "accent"/trim color (really, what do I know about how to do these things), I picked "Cottage White".  So the cupboards are Cottage White, as well as the plant shelf Thomas made along one window ledge.  Some rainy day when we have nothing better to do, we will also hang some shelves above the freezer, which will be cottage white.  The light and outlet plates and the door are also this lovely creamy hue.  Fancy, right?

Well, after Thomas cut the quarter-round for me, he framed the last cupboard in the kitchen to go in.  Any other projects in there should not require many more tools than a screwdriver.  He called it a day, while I kept on with building a new shelf for the living room...more space for more plants!

Getting back to the mudroom, both literally and figuratively, we will be visiting a farm south of Taos tomorrow between Thomas's work shifts, so we will move the washer and dryer Monday, after laying down the molding?  We'll see...for so much done today, we're only closer, not done!

No comments: