Sunday, August 15, 2010

Food...

You don't realize how many meals you don't fix yourself until you move to the country and have to fix nearly everything you eat.  Thomas and I go out maybe once or twice a week, at most.  In the last five weeks, we went out to eat once at Cold Beer, the St. James, the Russell's Cafe, Wonderful House, and La Cocina.  We also had a BBQ at Tom's parents' house one night and a "happy hour" at his sister's.  (I did actually make a brief trip to Denver and had some tasty meals before I quickly returned.)  Thus, I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen.  So far it hasn't felt too contrived to come up with meal ideas, though we do eat a lot of quesadillas with green chile and scrambled eggs with tortillas. 

I snapped a few photos of a couple recent Sunday dinners with which I have been pleased.  Quinoa stuffed bell peppers with mole sauce, topped with feta cheese and served with sauteed zucchini and onions. I used some of the leftover filling to stuff zucchini a couple nights later.  Tonight's dinner was rice noodles with stir fried green beans (from Alice's garden), broccoli, carrots, onions, and garlic with salmon marinated in miso, tahini, ginger, sriracha, and honey and with miso soup on the side.

To be fair Thomas helps cook, too.  With his work schedule, I try to pitch in as much as I can, though.  Last night he made linguine and seafood with a white wine reduction, fresh green beans, tomatoes, and parmesan...delicious!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! those meals look delicious!