Wednesday, August 18, 2010

like my momma....

I have an interview coming up for a position as a church administrator.  For those who don't know, my mom has been the Director of Religious Education at the parish where I grew up (and she grew up) for about as long as I have been around.  The thought of old that I would retire my mom at Holy Family has long been forsaken, but now comes the possibility that I might just follow her footsteps after all.

Anyhow, I had a Momma Ford moment this evening as I packaged up supper.  Tom's sister Marie and her husband David are both teachers, and their three children all started school yesterday.  So I offered to make them dinner, like the ladies at Holy Family do for pregnant women and families with illness or tragedy...a little relief and nourishment after a long hard day.  It was fun.  I made pesto pasta, salad, and focaccia bread, which Marie had said would be palatable to everyone.  Marie had asked me to join them, so I got to hear about school, though like typical kids, they didn't have much to say without prying.  I am sure that when the rest of the family hears what I did, they'll want to know when they get their free dinner.  It's coming...

No comments: