Monday, January 24, 2011

Belated birthday...

Tomorrow marks two weeks since Thomas' birthday, so I thought I better get the pictures up. I am not a baker, but managed to pull off this German chocolate layer cake. I ran out of the coconut-y frosting, so had to make a quick walk to Mom and Pop's for chocolate frosting. (I have since replaced the borrowed frosting with a new container, which I was told was unnecessary. My response: but you never know when I will need to borrow frosting again!)
One candle seemed much safer...
Unfortunately, David was in Pueblo checking in on his mom who broker her wrist. His stand-in, the purple balloon, was a little crass and kept checking me out. Creepy!
We had a fantastic time visiting with friends on the actual birthday in Conifer, CO. The Crazy Llama serves burgers and fries, even portabello mushroom burgers! We had a great time talking, while there is no telling what trouble Chase, Abbie, Cole, and Will got into.
Tom, Jarrod, Karen, Forrest and I talked for a couple of hours. This was the first time we had seen Karen, Forrest and the kids since our reception in July. The last time I had seen Jarrod and his two boys was Will's birthday party last May. We could have talked for hours more, but kids had school in the morning; the guys had a full day of work, and we still had Mike & Shelly to visit. It was a fun trip, and I am glad Thomas chose to see his friends up north for his birthday. It was a little ridiculous coming home on Wednesday, as we woke up early and then hit close to two dozen stops before we were really on the road home. We kind of missed our window to get out of town before the I-25 rush hour got nuts, so we took our time leaving and didn't get home until 10:45 pm. Gratefully, we were both alert, and I was able to stay awake (barely) to keep talking and asking questions of Thomas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For anyone who might read this, for the many many times Thomas was not able to join family events due to his living far far away, we would always make a "balloon Thomas" to join us for what ever get together we had. Then, we could harass him face to face!
Marie