Friday, March 11, 2011

Going green!

I have been lamenting that for all the snow and sunshine we have been getting around here, the only thing looking nice and green is the yucca....yuck uh!  But it seems overnight that along the edges of the road the grass is starting to green up.  I can only presume this is because it is still really cold at night, so the road is holding the heat of the day and keeping the ground nearest it the warmest through the night.  All the same, hooray!  It does mean that the deer are often hanging out close to the road for foraging those little green nubs.
 
AND the lake is looking awesome!  I have never seen it so full.  I imagine the heavy, heavy wet snow we had on Monday did a lot for it, coincidentally the night we had our Water Users meeting for irrigation/livestock water. 
 
Oh if I can just hold out for gardening season!

No comments: