Wednesday, March 16, 2011

on the road again

I have put more miles on my car in the last six months than I think Mary and I put on both of the cars we shared.  'Tis true.  I drive a lot of miles, but at least I get 40 mpg.

I embark before sunrise, which will make driving toward the west easy, as I should be headed north by the time the sun bursts forth from the plains.  I am on my way to Denver to catch a plane to Santa Ana, CA to meet my mom for a professional development conference - the LA REcongress, it is called.  We are staying with family friends, the Armens, and will get to see my Aunt Janelle.  I am terribly excited, terribly so!  The conference should be really good, but I am most excited about spending four nights and days with my momma. 

Flights were cheaper out of Denver than Albuquerque, so I will also get to see some old friends and take care of a little business, too.  By a stroke of sheer coincidence, there is a funeral tomorrow that I will also attend for a volunteer from my days at Metro CareRing.  If it were any other time, I couldn't go, but given the timing I can hardly excuse myself from being there.  What a blessing that it all works out!

So I am off to put the last of my things together - a good book, my tickets, and a few other essentials...no posts till next week?

No comments: