Thursday, March 10, 2011

I must be bored as I drive in to work, because I am easily amused by the sights from behind the wheel.  Or maybe it is not the sight itself, but I then put little thought bubbles into the picture.  Or maybe I am going loco! 
 
A large bird sitting on a power pole - I think, "Wow, what a big bird!  It looks like it has red tail feathers, so I wonder if it is a red-tailed hawk."  The bird is thinking back, "DUH!! The color of the tail feathers kind of gives it away!" 
 
A new crowd of heifers have moved in to one of the ranches, and they were all munching by the road.  A big ol' long horn on the other side of the road a fence down is not munching the grass like his pasture-mates, but standing near his fence staring at the pretty ladies.  He's thinking, "Dang, I gotta get me a piece of that." 
 
And the antelope have a rather stupid look about them to me, so whether this lone antelope staring through the fence across the road and toward the mountain was actually the lookout for the others who had their heads down eating or was just staring into space, it reminded me of the stupid buzzards that are the guards in the cartoon version of Robin Hood. 
 
Random thoughts, I know.  And Marie, I have probably just made our daily grind sound looney - sorry!
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was funny. I think the same sometimes. I also add bubbles to some of the tourist I see like "sitting on the highway is a great place to sit and paint the tooth of time". Yes I really saw a person with full easel on the road painting. Can I hit those people and it be helping humanity.