Thursday, March 3, 2011

What an honor...

It's the middle of the day, and I can hardly think about work.  I have had a lovely mid-morning break from routine, and I wished it never had to end.  A little slice of Denver (really they are from Castle Rock) came my way when Ahna, Oren, and Ezra passed through Cimarron on their way home to Colorado.  What a great coincidence for me that I work in Cimarron!
 
We met down at the park, so Ezra could run around, or maybe because I knew the gallery with ice cream and coffee was just across the street.  It was fun to see Ezra running around and playing.  It took him a little while to decide he wanted to play "telephone" with the mouthpieces built into opposite ends of the playground.  Oren would call to him from one side, and Ezra would listen and then look around to find Daddy instead of calling back to him, but before we left, Ezra was the one calling for his daddy to talk to him.  The slides and the ladders, all are more fun with a 2.5 year old.  We did get ice cream and coffee, too, and sitting up there on the red plaid bar stools, Ezra gave me a sticker.  It is the police car from Cars with a "Good Thinking!" message.  I think that was his way of telling me that stopping for ice cream was a good plan!  Back out at the park, we played and talked some more.  It is rare to get to have Ahna, Oren, and Ezra all to myself, so I soaked it all in and am still smiling for it!
 
It is s really great to get to hug and love friends in the flesh, though notes and phone calls are good filler until we meet again.  So I feel really blessed to have gotten to do just that with the Bersagel-Brieses!  I can still feel the warmth of our time together and pray they make it safely home. 

No comments: