Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Catsup or Ketchup?

Neither really - you know that joke about the mama tomato telling the baby tomato, who couldn't go as fast, to "ketchup"...yes, yes, well, I am trying to catch up. The task of adding pictures has not become streamlined for me, so it takes a little more effort on my part. This weekend flew by too quickly. After a full week, I was so excited to sleep in. While we could use a trip to town for groceries and the like, I insisted that we stay home and sleep in. This coming from the girl who woke up at 7:30 am Saturday morning and could not fall back to sleep! I read for a couple hours before abandoning all hope for delaying the day any longer. I spent hours in the garden weeding and hilling the potatoes. There was more than I could do, but when I finally called it a day about 4 pm, I had to literally drag myself in the house. I stripped off my dirty clothes and sat on the kitchen floor with a water bottle trying to revive myself. Needless to say, I really enjoyed my shower and found that under all the dirt, I was still there. This level of tiredness does not usually proceed family festivities, but I think we all needed an early night. The occasion: Julie's parents had come to visit from Tennessee!
It turns out Daniel is regimented about handling his own meat. Nobody else can mash and patty it like he can, so we all played support roles - I tore foil.
Yep - that's my pregnant sister! Marie is due in September, two months after Miki. I'm gonna be a tia all over again and again!
As I said, it was not the late soiree of poker and drinking. We all had an early morning on Sunday except Julie & her parents. And just to be difficult, I woke up even earlier than I needed to - grumpy morning #2! We left the house by 7:10 am to head to church. I had a training after Mass and returned home about 10:30 am. Thomas and I went back to bed for a three hour nap. I was out cold, and it felt good to sleep. I know it's a day of rest, but Sunday is also a day I have longer to work in the garden. This time, there was nothing to do but give in to the exhaustion. Thomas and I woke and watched a movie. We cleaned house a little before Julie's parents came over to check things out. And then the evening ended on a high note! David plays in the Wanna-Be Band, which just so happened to have a gig at the St. James Patio. Leaving the kids behind, Marie joined us for a trip into town for root beer, pizza, and some "oldies". The band has a songbook, and we called out request for a couple of hours before calling it a night. David was tucked back into the corner, which made for a lot of failed pictures. This is the best I got...
Electric guitar and all - the guy in the back had all the good vibes!

No comments: