Friday, July 11, 2008

A day of "first"s...

This has been one exhausting week - seven nights on my own...tonight will begin the second week. I worked from home because we had a staff party last night at our director's home, and everyone was doing their own thing for work. I wasn't sure if I got to the office how I would get home. It was fine because I brought plenty home Thursday in anticipation. So after not seeing anyone, I was thrilled to have Deb stop by for a beer and some conversation in the afternoon. And then Char and Belinda both agreed to come and hang out, so I whipped up some mini-bowtie noodles with a cilantro pesto I made and froze. They brought vegetable and fruit salad. I made some garlic toast and opened some pickled beans (a little sour) and uncorked a bottle of wine, for my first little dinner party. My neighbor Laura joined us, too. It was a fabulous impromptu evening with the ladies. Jennifer and Brian stopped by later on for a bunch more conversation. Hooray! Even if everyone has to carry my plates and glasses and serve me, I felt a little more at home/"normal" getting to play hostess. But now I am so tired, my eyes are drooping. My neighbor Andrew just pulled out his guitar on the porch, and I am fighting the sleepies because I love listening to live music like this. Ah well...I am ready for dreaming...peace out

No comments: