Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Four years ago now...

I was in a lot of pain, but at least they gave me some ibuprofen in the emergency room.  It was a Friday, and I was supposed to be camping outside Canon City the rest of the weekend with Chris.  I couldn't really find a comfortable position with the bruising and abrasions on knees, ankles, right hip, tail bone, shoulder...little did I know four years later I would be on crutches, still recovering from someone else missing a red light.  How my life has changed...and who knows what would have been different if I made it across the street and down Colfax to Streets of London for happy hour with Andrea?  I may not have met Rebecah and Cathy - amazing caregivers and healers.  Who knows where I would be today had my life "stayed the course" it was on?  It is hard to believe four years have passed, and sadly I wish that I could say I felt better, that I hadn't been continuing to suffer from the pain of it all, but it's been one helluva ride.  

 

I am indebted to so many who have cared for me over the years, covered for me on the job, driven me places or loaned me a car, helped to soothe the pain, talked me through the fear, nursed me back to "health", prayed for me, picked up prescriptions, rode bikes with me in the first ocassions back in the saddle, encouraged me when I felt brave, held my hand crossing the street, prepared meals for me, laundered my clothes, watered my plants, packed and cleaned my house, moved me from one home to the next, gave me something to smile about, and hugged me when I needed it.  I am a believer.  God provides. 


No comments: