Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A real adventure

So taking the bus really doesn't sound like an adventure, but being on crutches, those were some big steps to get up! Tuesday I got home from a full day at the office. Laura has been so good to help me get to and from the office. So I crutched into my place and dropped my bags. I checked my e-mail and saw a note from Betty saying to come by soon. So, with no plans for how I would eat, I decided to check out RTD's map of buses and see where I could go. The westbound #32 stops at 22nd and Gilpin - a near two blocks away. It stops a block from Betty's house. Hmmm...I called her up and invited myself over for a grilled cheese, the end of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, and a number of rounds of Skip Bo. Her grandson Austin left after he finished his fried chicken, but after an hour or so of computer games, he came down for some Skip Bo, too. Pretty soon Betty mixed us up a couple cocktails, and cards were flying! It was a lot of fun. To get back on the bus, it is about two blocks from Betty's house, and then it's only one block away from my house. But it was late, so she called me a cab. I don't think I have ever ridden a cab by myself in the US. Interesting, huh? Well, it made for a really fun evening! She invited me back this weekend and insisted I bring my laundry. Sometimes I can't argue...

1 comment:

Lee said...

I LOVE the game skip bo!! Especially with some wine and other goodies...