Tuesday, July 1, 2008

End Of Columbine Days...

Oh bittersweet! The Columbine House is officially not ours. Jennifer and I had our walk through with John last night, and then he locked us out. No more keys, no more of so many things...just holding on tight to memories. The house looked so strange so empty. I felt like I should have taken lots of pictures of the space, to fill in the blanks with the movies in my head, the scenes of 2,192 days and nights like a flip book. Only I never saw the end coming so abruptly...

So bittersweet - an end of an era...nostalgia and sadness to walk away (not very well admittedly, as the jarring of my crutch handles keeps me rooted in reality)...but to be done with the dusting, the cleaning, the scrubbing of walls and venetian blinds, the washing of stairs and and floors...what a relief!!! John commented on things untouched and windows cloudy with dirt, but they aren't my dirty things anymore.

Now I can start shifting my attention to my new place at Williams. On Sunday I hung up some pictures - Erin's chickens are in the kitchen, my panorama from Resolution Peak is above the mantle, a frame Erin painted hugs the mirror in the bathroom, and Picasso is behind the plants in the living room. I need a handyman to help hang plant hooks in the ceiling, so a few plants can make room for others. And hopefully, if I (or Jennifer?) can get my bed made, I will plan to start staying there in Wednesday. I'm not quite independent, but July 15th gets closer every day! loveyoumeanit...

No comments: