Thursday, June 12, 2008

First visitors...

So I was up earlier than I needed to be, but Betty was ready for me. I quickly popped my percoset, hoping to make the pain go away. Betty brought up the tray with toast and yogurt and apple juice. She also brought me the paper, which had a nice cover article about gardening with a mention of Denver Urban Gardens. About as quickly as I had finished eating and reading part of the paper, I was asleep again. When I woke up, it was time for lunch...time for lunch? Where does a day go?!? I worked my way down the stairs, so I could get a little exercise before lunch time. After smelling the roses and talking outside for a little rest, Betty made grilled cheese sandwiches. Since she learned at breakfast after brewing both coffee and black tea that I don't drink either, she made me hot cocoa for lunch. My first visitors came after she smoked me in Yahtzee - a surprise visit from Jennifer and her dad, Davis. What a treat! We talked for a good long while before Jennifer had to go back to work. She made plans to come back and have dinner with me, when Betty would be out volunteering. I made my way back up the stairs to rest, but couldn't sleep. Work and the move consume my thoughts, so I checked my e-mail and started taking care of work. My second visitor - also one of my firsts - Jennifer and I baked some corn bread Betty made and heated up some leftovers. When Dorothy stopped by to drop off Betty, it was good to hear all that she is up to these days. And then Betty, Jennifer and I watched a movie. Exhausting! All in all - I stink, but look forward to my first shower Friday afternoon. I am getting around on my crutches pretty well, but my hip is still sore. The percoset makes me a bit woozy, but it is better than being woosy from pain.

No comments: