Monday, June 9, 2008

parched

I can feel my mouth drying out. I brushed my teeth, and I guess I can dump my water on some plants because I can't drink anymore. No food or beverages until after surgery! I did drink a lot of water this evening, so I hope it is helpful to get me until surgery at 12:30pm (I will be biking in the morning and walking to the hospital - I will definitely be parched then!) instead of keeping me up all night peeing. "/ I forgot my camera to take pictures of my new house with even more plants after another delivery with my boss's truck today. However, after I showed it to Johnson and we walked to get some dinner, I picked up a sixer to stick in the fridge. Only thing in the fridge right now, but I figured a Deschutes Brewery Green Lakes Organic Ale will be just what the doctor ordered when I get back to that house. I met a couple more neighbors. John and Laura live on the first floor on the other side of the house. John said the dude that rides the Harley lives over them, and Jack, a young guy, lives over me. The guy below them just moved out. So that's the lowdown on my neighbors. They seem nice enough, though I am not a fan of the cigarettes. I look forward to our first cookout or something. Of course, I would want to try to plan something like that. "/ All right - I need to go to bed. peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting that they have all of these rules about food/liquid intake during a scheduled surgery? They would have done this just fine if it were an emergency and you were coming home from a nice big dinner at Watercourse.

tori vigil said...

Yeah right! When the nurses asked if they could get me anything, I asked for a glass of water. They refused. Betty said if you break the "rule", you throw up during surgery. I suppose it would be worse to have that taste in your mouth and not be able to drink anything. oh bother...