Thursday, November 18, 2010

A better day...

Thanks, God!  My post last night was not a plea for sympathy, and certainly not pity, though it did elicit concern and encouragment.  Capturing the life out here includes the good days and the bad, though the good days are more fun to reflect upon and memorialize on a blog.  I received great support in coping.  I think there was some divine timing when the phone rang shortly after the incident yesterday, and my brother Daniel called to see if I wanted to get lunch.  Brilliant!  YES!  That's God.  And moving on from the day and my doubts, I want to persevere.
 
I did wake up this morning feeling like it was going to be a better day.  I was sad to have had to leave before Tom got home from a 16 hour shift, but I knew he would crawl through the door and barely make it to the bed, so it was just as well.  Work was work.  I enjoyed breaking my former supervisor Sarah Connolly's favorite workplace safety rule: I stood on a chair.  Actually, I stood on stacks and stacks of chairs.  My co-worker Chris and I hung a banner at the hall, but we didn't have ladders tall enough.  So I suggested we switch walls and climb up the stacks of chairs as our ladders.  While standing on chairs is a major workplace hazard, standing on a stack of eight surrounded by other stacks of eight actually was more stable than the shorter ladders.  I giggled secretly for breaking that ingrained rule.
 
I also got a lot done at the office today, which always helps to feel satisfied at the end of the day.
 
Tonight I got to see all the family in town except Julie and Granny, which is always a treat on a weeknight to get to visit.
 
And tomorrow I leave for Denver for a quick visit to friends and my first rolfing treatment in 6 months.  Whoop whoop!  A good day indeed.
 
(The other excitement of the day is worthy of its own post.)

No comments: