Friday, November 12, 2010

Singled out....

There was a forecast for precipitation at the end of the day yesterday.  I didn't see anything falling from the sky before I went to bed, but I did see a lot of stars.  The forecast was rain with a little snow in the mix.  This morning, I felt sort of like a kid on Christmas morning, wondering if it really snowed!  Thomas was still asleep, so I quietly made my way into the bathroom to get ready for work, putting my contacts in, so I could check out the living room window.  I saw the back of Tom's truck and a somewhat gray morning.  I did not see snowdrifts, mud, or any other indication that the sky opened up while I was asleep.
 
I finished getting ready for work, kissed Thomas good-bye, and donned my vest and gloves to go outside and greet the day.  Peering out the window in the front door, I saw a white car where my black one should have been.  I am not saying that I had my own personal snow cloud drop a few inches only on my car.  It would appear that there was snow on the car, or maybe a heavy heavy layer of frost.  Again, the ground looked like dry rocks and grass, Thomas's truck was frost free, but my car was white.  I turned on the defrost and got out my scraper.  The white layer wouldn't just sweep away, but it scraped off pretty easily.  It did appear on the drive that there might be a little dry precipitation coming down, but just in little spurts it would like a few flakes were coming down. 
 
I am not sure whether to count this as the first snow, as I might be accused of being a loony.  I don't know if anyone else saw it.  Today is Friday...a no school day for kids around here, so the only ones I know usually out and about at the same time I am are the teachers and students.  Hmmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You might need your eyes checked. You might have a cataract(spelling?) or something else in your eye, maybe a stick or a rock, perhaps even a piece of wood/saw dust.....just kidding, I also was excited at the "first" very light snow/dusting that we woke up to.

Thanks,
Daniel again, yes I've nothing better to do than read blogs.

Anonymous said...

We too at the Ranchito de Salas saw the first glimmer of winter snow. Although the kids didn't have school they were up and excited.

Marie, favorite sister LOL