Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Weekend with Thomas...

Been busy with work and time with my husband and other house work...such is life! 
 
Thomas had Saturday and Sunday night off of work, so we spent all sorts of time together this weekend.  Friday night with the sibs playing games, Saturday sleeping in and tinkering around the house, Saturday night at Julie's birthday party, Sunday morning at church and then a drive to Raton/Trinidad, and yummy homemade meals together Sunday and Monday night.  I was stocking up, as a quick trip to Denver Friday/Saturday will mean I don't really get to see him until Sunday afternoon. 
 
Saturday night we stayed late at the party...I got to bowl, wakeboard, canoe, sword-fight, and throw frisbee.  Daniel and Julie have a Wii.  It is my second time playing it.  Pretty entertaining, but mostly I think they were entertained by watching me pretend that a little 2x2x8 controller is a paddle or the handle behind a large boat dragging me along.  It was so much fun that we didn't want to leave, save for being really tired.
 
Alas, we came home to a cold house.  Of course nobody was there to tend a fire all night, so Thomas turned the heat up briefly before we crashed.  Probably should have just built a fire, but then we wouldn't have found out that we blew a couple of fuses and a transformer on the furnace.  The air coming out of the vent was not much warmer than if I turn the heat on in my car right away in the morning before it has warmed up when it is only 20 degrees outside.  (Maybe a slight exaggeration, but close...)   Gratefully, Thomas is a handy guy, so he has been working on it.  And gratefully, too, our primary source of heat is the wood stove!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Naaa... Who needs heat when your in love! The inspired warmth of passion, the heat of romance, the burning of...burning of....ok...maybe there shouldn't be burning, but at least you do have each other. hee hee. Shame on me.

Thanks for getting something new up to read. I have been bored at work, and your writings entertain, inspire and something else... anyway.

Daniel,experimental child.