Sunday, November 21, 2010

Whirlwind....Pt II

Saturday morning I awoke at 6:45 am and got myself together for the rest of my Denver trip. Betty made waffles and hot chocolate, so my day certainly started off on the right foot. I called to see if Jennifer needed a ride to Castle Rock for our very special pampering of Ahna morning, but she and Mary were still struggling to come to life after the night at Sancho's. Pobrecitas... I arrived at Ahna's house in time to see Ezra before he left for a fun-filled day with his Savta (grandma). It was especially sweet that he ran to greet me when I came it...sure made me feel special. Ahna and I met up with the other girls at the spa where Ahna had a special "floating" massage. As a pregnant woman, she cannot lay on her tummy to get her back and shoulder worked on, so they "float" her on a couple layers of warm water that allows the masseuse to work on the back from below the body. Pretty fascinating! The other girls had made appointments, too, but I had already had mine Friday with Cathy. We headed back to Ahna's house for some nibbles and catching up. We had a lot of fun, though after such a relaxing morning, everyone was ready for a nap. It was fun not to have to be anywhere or do anything, at least until about 3-ish when I planned to head south. After a lazy morning, we headed to our concluding destination of the pampering: Mt. Fuji. We shared a few rolls and enjoyed some more conversation before all heading off in different directions. It was a great way to spend my Saturday. I didn't leave Castle Rock until closer to 4 pm, but I still made it home in good time.

No comments: