Friday, November 12, 2010

Meow....

GUESS WHAT?!?!?!
 
Alone on the road this morning because the kids didn't have school today, I must have been the first one to head west towards the lake on Hwy 21.  As I came around a bend getting close to the lake, I saw a large kitty cat run up the embankment and south towards the mesa. 
 
At first it moved quickly, and I wondered by the coloration if it was a fox.  Then it got to a small clearing and looked back at me.  It was no little fox.  It looked like the body was about four feet, and the tail was at least another three feet.  The end of the tail looked like a darker brown, but the rest was more of a honey color. 
 
I was also aware of the presence of skunk somewhere not far from the road.  Dead or alive, it had sprayed recently.  I wondered if the cat had gone after it, or if the sound of the approaching car may have interrupted the cat preying on the unsuspecting skunk.  Either way,  HOW COOL!  I saw a big kitty!  (And don't worry, Mom and Dad, it was nowhere near our house.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UHHHH!! I'm jealous! Not about the skunk, see and smell plenty of them. I'm also known to show up to work smelling like a skunk (another story). But to see a mountain lion is way cool. I usually consider those sightings as a "gift from the spirits". So I guess I shouldn't be jealous of you receiving a gift. Also, isn't it amazing how quickly they vanish into the brush?


Peace to All,
Daniel, first born, but second favorite son.