Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Road closed...

Yes, again, a post about the highway...maybe my last for a while... The shortest distance between two places is not through Miami, but the highway between Cimarron and Springer is officially closed in the middle. Evidently after the Ponil Bridge collapsed under the weight of a tractor trailer in May, it couldn't be repaired properly because of a nesting bird. The nest is empty, and work has resumed. Traffic has been re-routed right past our north fence line. I am not going to be a big whiner ongoing, but I do want to go on record as saying that all the extra traffic while I am driving at night is giving me a headache. There are some terribly non-courteous drivers who do not turn off their bright lights when they are approaching. It is so blinding when there is no other light around. It is awfully rude! Awfully rude!
And another thing, and this is something I have never experienced anywhere else, we all wave to each other when we pass people. It is sometimes nothing more than raising a finger off the steering wheel, but everyone acknowledges the other driver. Well, not the new traffic! The past few mornings I have gotten almost zero waves. So sad....

No comments: