Friday, September 14, 2007

Ahhh...Portland!

So far I have been enjoying so much time with my family! It's been so hot here this week, and it was supposed to hold out till the weekend, but the mist settled in yesterday morning. Now it really feels like fall. This week my sister and I went hiking in the gorge; I had a nice walk with Amy and Monica through the mist one morning; Auggie introduced me to Fir Ridge School, where he works, and we shared lunch; Miki and I visited a couple nuns at Marylhurst and reminisced about grade school and high school; and Miki had us all over for dinner in her new apartment - tasty pizza and pear salad. We did give her a hard time about having to bring the plates we ate off, but it's coming together nicely, despite not having all her furniture in order yet. I like not having to get up when my alarm says, though I have been lately. So much to do! I have my ticket for Peru! The latest plan is to start in Cuzco for two weeks of language school. This will be a big help for traveling solo. Then I will head into La Argentina to farm before coming back to hike the Inca Trail. I have my sleeping bag, and the backpack is on order. I have been spending way too much time with REI, but it's not over yet. My imminent adventure is a train trip to Tacoma and Renton to see friends!! I am excited to take the train for the first time in these parts, but more excited to see Dave, Liezl (?), and Erin & Lotson. Hooray!! Blessings for a safe weekend! tori

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is up T to the ORI? It feels like I am right there with you on your travels - I love it! Have a great time in Washington...see you soon!