Monday, September 24, 2007

Am I ready to leave?

This time tomorrow I will be fast asleep in Denver! It is hard to believe how quickly the time has flown, yet I do not feel the rush I typically feel on an eve of departure. This morning Miki and I visited Bob's Red Mill for breakfast, who would have known that cheesey grits good be so good, and I mean Tillamook cheese good! With the biscuits and eggs and everything else, I didn't need to eat again today. My day continued with a sewing project: a silk liner for my sleeping bag. Grandma graciously offered her machine, since Dad buried Mom's, but Annie had to uncover that one. I have lovely brown bag to slide inside my sleeping bag, to keep it clean from dirty traveling me! So handy! Next I delighted to sit with my mom to have our legs and feet pampered as a belated birthday gift. I thought I wasn't so sore today after the big hike, until my calves got kneaded. Then it was time for a snack and purchasing a camera. Soon these posts may come with pictures!! Gratefully, my dad (and Britta earlier) shared his wisdom from his experience with going digital. He helped me see the little difference when I couldn't decide between two: a viewfinder! Much like a "viewpoint", you want to stick with a good one. I also saw my brothers. Auggie stopped by to paint, and Nick stopped by to chat. He also stopped by to eat Mom's pesto, but didn't find any or any other leftovers worthy of his attention. It sure was nice to get in one more talk about the nuts and bolts of our lives. For "dessert" I had cribbage with Grandma. She is having back surgery on Wednesday, but I will have already left, so we played and talked. It is a good thing she has a day to recover from our cards - I skunked her and then won again! I think Grandpa was dealing me the good hands as a confidence booster. When I return to Denver, I have to play a tie-breaking game of cribbage that started 2 1/2 years ago! Since he'll be watching over Grandma, I will have to wing it. I sure loved talking and looking at pictures and planning for our next visit! From start to finish, my day was full again of family love. From start to finish, this trip has been a wonderful reunion of family and friends. Though I can never get enough, I am grateful for each laugh and conversation. Before arriving in Portland, I didn't expect I would leave with so much longing for my return. So this is not good-bye, old home, just a see you soon! loveyoumeanit...tori

No comments: