Tuesday, September 25, 2007

To be early is to be on time...

A wise, wise, woman used to call, "To be early is to be on time," as we tried not to be late. Sr. Pat McKenzie, out attendance secretary at St. Mary's Academy, was well know for this philosophy. A young man and I exchanged glances about this notion while waiting in line through airport security. A woman two dozen people back was having a fit about missing her flight, which was calling final boarding. Neither of us were feeling too compassionate, as it is standard practice to arrive early and wait at the airport. I do not know if she made it, but I have enough time to type before my flight.

I said farewell to my mom and dad, to Amy and Monica, and to Miki. I stayed up a little too late packing last night, but I felt good to get everything back in the same two bags (plus my puffy sleeping bag). I also had to pack Miki's luggage in the car because her luggage landed in Portland 36 hours after she did - a common problem for her. Hopefully returning it this morning will earn me some good travel karma! It sure got me good lunch karma - beer, chowder, and half a sandwich at McMenamins with a friend of hers. We had a great lunch and enjoyable conversation. Marty is pretty great and earned extra points by bringing chocolate for the ride to the airport. Miki earned points for bringing me.

So a couple thoughts - feel free to post comments. I can send a message back to you. Also, I am notorious for posting multiple days at once, so I apologize now for being a catch-up kind of writer. I posted my itinerary along the side, so my parents know where I am. I will update it with more details and links to the farm as I am able! And here is my attempt to post a few pictures from my trip:






Bath time with Monica, Maddie, and Mia! Bubble baths are so much fun, though it only made Monica thirsty. She sucked a lot of water out of Maddie's Hello Kitty sponge.






Here's Dave before we left for Erin and Lotson's house.










This picture is with Lotson and Erin and their enchanting cat Delila. The picture in the background is one of Erin's paintings that I miss in Denver. It was fun getting to see her artwork again!
Well, my plane is boarding. adios...tori

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this probably won't get me any points, but...

maybe that lady in the airport was late by no fault of her own...maybe she had bad traffic or maybe she spilled coffee on herself and had to dive into the airport ladies room, crack open her bag and change her clothes

or maybe the lady does not live in a world were time is all that important and being on a schedule is well, just hard

and anyway, tight schedules cramp her style

this person person probably stays up waaaay toooo late talking to a certain un-named beloved denverite even though she should be going to bed because needs to get up early in the morning for work

even worse, she lets her children stay up too and they'll probably do poorly in school the next day but she feels an exra few minutes with that un-named beloved denverite is certainly worth it

still trying for those extra points...

I really like the new name of your blog

XO

tori vigil said...

Hmmm...I think I might know a lady like you! Usually I am quick to come up with excuses for other people, so what a presumptious person am I to call that lady late! I really should give you points for publicly shaming me for being so judgmental "/ I hope that lady's girls have a great godmother who distracts her so the girls can stay up late because I know my goddaughters have a great mom who loves them and me so much that it is hard to part ways. loveyoumeanit