Sunday, September 9, 2007

Dreaming of work!

Oh brother! Maddie woke me up in the middle of the night because her sleeping bag had fallen off the top bunk. She was talking about a dream of an angel (from the cartoon we watched before bed), and none of it made sense in my sleepy state. There was another wake up call later on, but I only remembered that I was dreaming about Metro CareRing. Burt, one of our pantry volunteers, was giving a tour. It had something to do with a new volunteer-touring/training-volunteer program. Or something like that. Usually I am able to write down these dreams before having to tend to things, so I can appropriately clock in my time for work, so as to get paid for them - or at least that is how the joke with Jon goes at Metro CareRing. I am wondering if I can get someone to sign me in and out of the volunteer log, since I can't get paid for dreaming about Metro CareRing anymore!?!? After breakfast out with "Aunt Vicki", we were off for a fabulous morning of swimming and hot tubbing before the drive back to Portland. I enjoyed Maddie's chitter chatter: the hot tub had big bubbles and little bubbles - the little bubbles are probably so kids and babies can relax; the pool is three, four & five feet deep - she'll be ready for four when she's six and five when she's seven; and calling for help as she was "swept away" (did we really start playing the damsel in distress that early - Disney!). I had a nice afternoon with West, dinner with my lil' bro' Nick, and a walk with my sister Miki. A full, wonderful day! Hopefully I will sleep well and not dream of work. This Monday I get to sleep in!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

No comments: