Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity jog...

I slept well on the plane, but I was still tired yesterday when I landed in Denver. Nonetheless, I was excited to be home. Landing in Terminal A, I had the thrill to walk over the sky bridge back to the mail terminal. Wowwee! The mountains were so beautifully silhouetted by the orange-ing sunset. Looking East, I saw the fullish moon with a reflection of the mountains' silhouettes! Some things we try to capture on film, try to capture in words, yet nothing comes close to being there. Sorry. I was happy to find Erik at the baggage claim, and despite my usual luck (though still better than Miki's luck), my bags came out right away! The sun felt good, but the chilly evenings are already here. Today was a good Wednesday. I slept in a little. I did a little cleaning, a lot of potting (a dozen spider plant babies wanted good homes for the winter), some talking on the phone, and other productive tasks. No, I didn't unpack my bags; they still sit in the corner, half-opened with contents strewn this way and that. I did bike down to Metro CareRing to share hugs and stories with staff and volunteers, but more importantly, to find out when Minerva wanted me to come in and volunteer - pantry tomorrow. It was fun to see everyone. Tonight I went to a "catechism" class with Erik. It was nice to see where he has been spending his Wednesday nights this month. Everyone was very friendly, and we had a good discussion. The real "sacred" time was walking over to meet Ahna, Oren, Jennifer, and Johnson at Sancho's afterwards. It was fun to be with each other, to talk and talk and talk, to enjoy catching up on stories. I think I would like to find a job when I return that paid me to socialize. I have too much fun meeting people and talking. I think I might get this from Grandpa. My grateful news of the day was a quick chat with my grandma shortly after she arrived in her recovery room. I was praying for her when I awoke (about the time she was going into surgery). Mom and I checked in a couple times, but it was getting to hear her groggy voice that made me grateful. I teased her that I was recording her because she sounded pretty funny, but I know it can be tough coming out of the anesthesia. What a fighter she is! I will let you know how her recovery goes. Till tomorrow...tori

No comments: