Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pictures...

I have officially entered a new phase of technology in my life. I have a digital camera. I have begun to play with it, but have not dropped it. Here is my first "published" picture:


Minerva and I had a "date" tonight. Sadly Gundy couldn't make it, but with my days here dwindling, we forged ahead. Minerva and I had a rather scary walk over some bridges, and then we made our way to a little pizza place for dinner. Though we didn't solve any of the world's problems in our lengthy conversation, we did discuss love and life, work and school, family and friends...the list goes on. We ended with some ice cream at Liks. I split a single scoop with graham cracker station and lemon/raspberry swirl. Oh delicious!

If you read "yesterday's" (okay, yeah, I wrote it today), you may remember that I visited Metro CareRing. No separation anxiety or control issues, just a visit with my friends! Today I went and volunteered in the pantry in the morning. Though there isn't a "tori" nametag, I wrote one and sat down for gathering. Brad tried to be tricky and called on me to share some announcements, but I think I did okay. It was funny to introduce myself "tori, volunteering in the pantry for the morning." All but one around the table knew me. I got a dirty job with some produce, but I only filled one order. A lot of extra help showed up, so I tried to stay out of everyone's way. I think I will volunteer again next Tuesday morning. Walter will be there, so I can get another joke. He was missing yesterday, so I only shared one of his with a few volunteers as we missed him.

The trauma of the day was a shot in each arm. Two vaccinations, two arms! What a doozey! Gratefully, only the typhoid fever vaccination is really tender, but you think they would not have disabled me so by shooting it into the right arm. I could barely open the door of Minerva's car tonight! Plus, they neglected to give me a lollipop, sticker, or fun band-aids. I hope Miki reads this and does a better job when she gives shots to her patients. Truly I was relieved they were going into my arms and not somewhere else.

My gratitude today is for seeing more friends. Surprisingly, it wasn't until tonight that I got to see Mary. I was happy to share with Minerva that Mary and I have been living together for over six years now! It wasn't long ago we were looking for apartments in Denver and sharing Jennifer's room in the Monroe House. I also got to see Claire, who also had a dream that my hair grew in real fast and long. I had this dream in Portland, and it was so believable I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. The picture shows that it is still pretty short.

To bed for me! Buenos suenos! tori

No comments: